At a glance
What is a Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)?
An RRSP is government-registered plan that lets you defer your income tax until after you retire. Your contributions are invested and earn interest until you cash them in for retirement or other projects.
Perfect if you are looking to:
- Invest in a tax-sheltered vehicle
- Reduce your taxable income
- Save for retirement
- Buy a home
- Finance your education
Perfect if you're looking to:
Talk to a retirement and investment specialist and start planning now.
Little details that matter
Other eligible products
- Public stocks
- Treasury bills
- Term deposits
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- Call and put options on eligible investments
- Stocks or investments in a private company where you are a designated shareholder
- Personal assets (jewellery, art, antiques, etc.)
- Precious metals (gold, silver)
- Employee stock options
Mailing dates for contribution tax receipts for 2020
|Description||Contribution date||Sent during the week of:|
| GIC held in an RRSP
|Before December 31, 2020||Beginning January 15, 2021|
|Between January 1 and March 1, 2021||Every week beginning February 12, 2021|
|RRSP investment fund National Bank Investments||Between March 3 and December 31, 2020||January 15, 2021|
|Between January 1 and March 1, 2021||Every week beginning February 5, 2021|
|Contributions in the first 60 days of 2021 via the Systematic Investment Plan||March 16, 2021|
Mailing dates for tax slips for 2020
|Product||Description||Statement||Sent during the week of:|
|Financing products National Bank||Quebec student loans (QSL)||Account statement||2nd week of January|
|Mortgage loans||T5/RL-3 and NR4||February 2, 2021|
|National Bank deposit products||Transaction accounts||T5/RL-3 and NR4||January 22, 2021|
|Term investments (GICs)||T5/RL-3 and NR4||From February 1, 2021|
|RRSP (GIC) withdrawals||T4RSP/RL-2||From February 3, 2021|
|RRIF withdrawals||T4RIF/RL-2||February 12, 2021|
| Investment products
National Bank Investments
|Investment interest income||T5/RL-3||February 19, 2021|
|Stock dividend income||T3/RL-16||February 19, 2021|
|RRSP withdrawals||T4RSP/RL-2||February 3, 2021|
|RRIF withdrawals||T4RIF/RL-2||February 3, 2021|
| Estate contribution statement
(rollover to spouse)
|January 15, 2021|
|RESP withdrawal||T4A/RL-1||February 3, 2021|
|Non-resident income||NR4||February 19, 2021|
|Statement of Securities Transactions||T5008/RL-18||February 19, 2021|
2020 information guide on tax slips
- RRSPs can be transferred to a National Bank investment solution at any time. You will receive a confirmation of your transaction in the mail shortly after.
- In the meantime, you'll benefit from interest rates that go up as you contribute to your investments.
- This offers greater flexibility.
- No administration fees.
- For information on fees related to RRSPs, refer to our brochure: Fees – Your Guide to Personal Banking Solutions [PDF], under "Registered Plans."
- For information on rate increases or our new fee notification procedure, refer to our brochure: Fees – General Information and Agreement [PDF], under "Notice of Changes to Fees Listed in Your Guide to Personal Banking Solutions."
For information on the procedure for submitting claims regarding RRSP product fees, click here.