NBI Private Wealth Management1 is a premium discretionary portfolio management service. You and your family can enjoy peace of mind, knowing that our team will take good care of your finances.
Our householding feature allows members of a client's family to combine their assets and enjoy the same privileges as the main investor, while keeping their accounts separate and confidential.
Our service charges are calculated on a sliding scale, based on the total market value of the assets held in your accounts and those of your family members.
Invest in an NBI Private Wealth Management Portfolio
|Fund name and investment horizon
||10 years||Since inception|
Invest in an NBI Private Wealth Management Portfolio – Retirement option
|Fund name and investment horizon
||10 years||Since inception|
Sign up for a Canadian dollar chequing account and a World Elite® Mastercard® credit card, and you'll get access to a range of personalized services and exclusive benefits.
To be eligible for this offer3, you must have at least $100,000 in assets at NBI Private Wealth Management. The main investor's spouse can also take advantage of this offer if he or she has a minimum of $5,000 in assets
The offer includes a number of benefits:
Three bank accounts
The National Bank World Elite® Mastercard® credit card4
|Number of points per dollar spent5||
Earn up to 2 points per dollar spent, based on your net spending over a 12-month period starting on the date you open the account:
- Out-of-province-of-residence medical/hospital care
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Flight delay
- Lost luggage
- Vehicle rental
- Up to $100/year in rebates for airport parking fees
- Up to $100 for baggage fees
- Up to $50 for seat selection fees8
This financial package is also offered with the National Bank World Mastercard® credit card.
A travel concierge service available 24/7, both in Canada and abroad
Advantageous rates on financing solutions
Your spouse can enjoy the benefits of the financial package without having to be an authorized user of the Mastercard World Elite credit card. Ask your financial planner for more information on terms and conditions applicable to spouses.
* Consult your financial planner for more information on these assistance services.
Householding is a key feature of NBI Private Wealth Management. It allows family members to combine their accounts and save on service fees. What's more, you can enjoy all the benefits of householding while continuing to do business with the advisor you have come to trust.
A household includes the main account holder, his or her spouse, and the couple's parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren. To create a household, the main investor must have a minimum of $250,000 invested.
Any eligible person in the household who resides at the same address as the main investor can join by investing a minimum of $5,000. Each additional eligible household member not residing at the same address as the main investor must invest at least $100,000.
Here's what a household might look like.
The total invested by the son and his spouse exceeds the minimum required ($100,000) to be included in the household. They therefore qualify for householding. Note that spouses must reside at the same address.
The daughter does not reside with the main investor and her investment is below the $100,000 threshold. She therefore does not qualify.
To take advantage of the householding option offered by NBI Private Wealth Management, simply contact your financial planner to receive a householding code and start referring family members today.
Prices and performance
®Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank.
® The Personal Flex Line and the All-In-One are registered trademarks of National Bank of Canada.
TM Medical Care Assistance is a trademark of National Bank of Canada, used under licence by NBC Assistance Inc.
1. NBI Private Wealth Management is a service offered by National Bank Investments Inc., a subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and other expenses all may be associated with investing in an investment fund and using an asset allocation service (such as NBI Private Wealth Management). Please read the prospectus of the NBI Private Portfolios in each NBI Private Wealth Management profile before making an investment. NBI Portfolios are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. There can be no assurances that the full amount of the investment in a fund will be returned. Investors must enter into an agreement with National Bank Investments Inc., which retains the services of National Bank Trust Inc. (for all activity in Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick) or Natcan Trust Company (for all activity in other Canadian provinces and territories), subsidiaries of National Bank of Canada acting as portfolio managers, giving them the authority to select, add or remove NBI Private Portfolios in NBI Private Wealth Management profiles.
2. Financial planning services are offered by National Bank Investments Inc. (NBI), a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. NBI is registered as a financial planning firm in Quebec.
3. National Bank’s Wealth Management financial package is offered, subject to approval by National Bank, to clients of NBI Private Wealth Management who meet National Bank’s eligibility criteria, are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and have a National Bank World or World Elite Mastercard and a National Bank CAD chequing account.
5. Certain restrictions apply. Please consult the applicable rules governing reward points under Rewards plan.
6. This coverage applies to purchases and rentals made using the card, except out-of-province medical/hospital insurance for which it is not necessary to charge the travel arrangements to the card. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. For more information, consult the pages for the World Elite and World Mastercard credit cards or the documentation available in branches.
7. Reference period starting on the account opening date.
8. On condition that required supporting documents are provided in the manner and time frame prescribed. Some restrictions may apply. The maximum amount that can be submitted for reimbursement between January 1 and December 31 of each year is $250. Eligible expenses include: airport parking fees (maximum $100), baggage fees (maximum $100) and seat selection fees (maximum $50). The claim must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase date and accompanied by proof of purchase. The travel fees must be charged to the National Bank World Elite Mastercard credit card. The maximum reimbursement amount is $250 per account. An amount not claimed in a year cannot be carried over to the following year. For more information or to obtain a copy of the reimbursement claim form, call 1‑888‑296‑8881 (toll-free) in Canada and the United States, or 1‑416‑734‑3922 (collect) from anywhere in the world.
9. Financing subject to credit approval by National Bank.