To sign up or find out more, call us at 1‑877‑871‑7500
Rest easy with our comprehensive coverage
Protect your lifestyle with payment insurance
- Benefits will cover all or part of the outstanding balance on your credit card
- Protect your balance in case of unforeseen events
- Your acceptance is automatic—no medical exam or health questions
- No premiums for the first month
Find the right plan for you
|First cancer diagnosis
|Critical illness diagnosis, including cancer
|Certain life events
|Cost per $100 portion of balance appearing on your most recent statement2||$1.20||$0.99||$0.79||$0.69|
First cancer diagnosis
Focus on what's important—your health. In the case of a first diagnosis of cancer, your outstanding balance is insured up to $10,000.
Critical illness diagnosis
We'll cover up to $25,000 of your credit card balance in case of a cancer, heart attack or stroke diagnosis, so you can focus on getting better.
Receive a lump-sum payment of $100 on your credit card to celebrate milestones such as a birth or adoption, wedding or purchase of a home.
Credit card payment insurance covers up to five times the amount of your balance (up to the credit card limit, maximum $50,000) in case of accidental death, depending on the plan you choose.
Protect the financial future of your loved ones should the unexpected happen. When you sign up for our credit card payment insurance, you'll receive a lump-sum payment of up to $25,000 on your outstanding balance in the event of death, depending on the plan you choose.
You'll receive a lump sum of up to $25,000 of your credit card balance.
Little details that matter
Between the ages of 18 and 64 (except for the 65+ Plan)
Living in Canada
Primary cardholder of a valid National Bank Mastercard credit card account in good standing
AMF fact sheet and summaries (Québec and Canada-West-Atlantic)
Subject to the terms and conditions in the insurance certificate issued upon enrolment.
Insurer: National Bank Life Insurance Company
1. Balance: The outstanding balance on the most recent monthly statement of the Mastercard credit card account prior to the date of the insured event, plus the transactions in process if they have been made no later than the day before the insured event.
2. Plus applicable taxes. Applicable tax on premiums : Quebec: 9%, Ontario: 8% and Manitoba: 7%
3. The rate for benefit payable applies to all customers who have credit card payment insurance, depending on the chosen plan.