National Bank and its subsidiaries are committed to offering a simple and personable experience for all our clients. To achieve this, we are continuously improving the accessibility of our products and services to meet the needs of all our clients, including those with special needs or limitations.
If you need help regarding our products or our site for accessibility reasons, please contact us at 1–888–300–9004.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) have been developed to guide and assist companies to make content on their sites accessible to all. We are working to optimize the accessibility of our sites by applying these rules on an ongoing basis.
We have mandated experts to test the accessibility and compliance of our sites.
Here are the tools used to perform these tests:
- Google Chrome 86
- Firefox 83
- Safari 11
- Microsoft Edge 87
- Axe 4.6
- VoiceOver 10 on macOS
- Narrator on Windows 10
- Colour Contrast Analyser 3.0.1
- Sim Daltonism 2.0.5
In light of these tests, we noticed that some elements may limit the accessibility of our sites. We are continually improving our sites to make them accessible as soon as possible.
All our employees must respect, at all times, the principles of dignity, autonomy, integrity and equal opportunity. They have access to training material to better equip themselves to the accessibility requirements of products and services provided by law.
Well-equipped, we are committed, among other things, to:
- Sharing concise information using different means of communication.
- Asking our clients if they need help using our services.
- Prioritizing any requested changes to accommodate clients with limitations.
In recent years, we have taken steps to make our branches accessible. Today, more than 95% of our branches are accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
Unfortunately, some branches cannot be modified. In these rare cases, we will make sure to support the client during their visit to the branch.
Here are the measures put in place:
- Parking: Municipal standards are met with at least one handicapped parking space near the entrance.
- An exterior access ramp: We installed an outside ramp when space permits. Otherwise, we added a ramp inside the branch.
- Automatic door opener: The main door and vestibule doors are equipped with an automatic door opener with a push-button.
- Vestibule: The space inside the vestibule allows a person in a wheelchair to navigate easily.
- Wickets: Some wickets can be adapted for clients in wheelchairs. The cash register can also be lowered to better serve a client. We make these modifications upon request.
- Areas with traffic: Areas with traffic are unobstructed and wide enough to circulate safely.
- Toilets: The toilets we install comply with the strictest standards for persons in wheelchairs. However, some branches cannot comply due to lack of space.
For people accompanied by a service animal:
- We authorize the presence of service animals on our premises.
- We undertake not to interact with them without first obtaining permission from the owner or handler of the animal.
For clients accompanied by a support person:
- Our clients can be accompanied at all times by a support person when they are on our premises.
- We allow support persons to attend meetings, if requested by the client.
- We will ask the client if they are willing to disclose confidential information in the presence of the support person.
- We make sure that it is the client who makes the decisions and not the support person.
Diversity in the workplace is important and we value it in all its forms. Our goal is to provide an open and respectful work environment where each employee can develop their full potential.
We invite you to discuss your limitations (physical, visual or other), in the first communication during your recruitment process. The premises can be set up and adapted to be accessible, including the equipment provided.
Our accommodation program also considers the needs of our employees:
We value diversity and inclusion for all our employees. To see how we've been able to rank among the best Diversity Employers.
To help us improve the accessibility of our products and services, make a suggestion or tell us about an issue, visit this page.
By phone: 1-888-300-9004
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Office of the National Bank Ombudsman for Clients PO box 275 Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3G7